Will It be good to migrate from ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 26 19:37:31 UTC 2009

On 10/26/2009 11:56 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> On 10/26/2009 01:31 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
>> > If you do a clean install you don't need a separate /home partition
>> > to preserve user data. The installer has an option to preserve
>> > existing data in /home and possibly /usr/local.
>>
>> Actually you do. The karmic liveCD installer isn't working properly.
>> See:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/444901
>
> Thanks for the info - I wasn't aware of the problem and I had used it
> for a previous upgrade to Jaunty (IIRC).
>

> Nils

Related:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/425351
[[Karmic Alpha 5] ubiquity doesn't detect Jaunty accounts for migration]

I should probably try the most recent daily & try to see if this still
occurs.

Other issues:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity?field.searchtext=karmic>