Unable to hibernate with Ubuntu 9.04

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Sun Oct 25 07:46:39 UTC 2009

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with your particular issue...so I don't
know how much assistance I can be, other than the below note:

On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 14:29 -0700, Phyllis Connick wrote:
[snip]
> I did not know I needed a separate hard drive partition for a swap file. I
> assumed the Ubuntu installation process automatically made one based upon
> my hardware. It would seem that I was wrong. I am assuming that it should
> appear under 'computer:///'

If you used a guided install method, then a swap partition was made for
you... and no, it would not show up under computer:///

and actually...you don't _need_ a separate partition... you can also
make a swap file if you need to.

please check the contents of the file "/etc/fstab" to see what you do
have already, which may be of some more help to others. To do this, run
the following command
    gedit /etc/fstab

If you're unsure, you can just paste the contents here, so somebody who
understands better can have a look. If it turns out that you do indeed
need swap, I can probably walk you through the process, or find a nice
tutorial for you.

Hope that helps!

--
Andrew