Network manager- oop!

Thu Oct 22 13:28:38 UTC 2009

"Karl F. Larsen" <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 	Exactly. All my Ubuntu on a wire connected Internet still use
> Network Manager, because it works. All my laptop Ubuntu which
> must use WiFi have wicd replacing Network Manager because it
> works better.

Hm, I'm an odd use case here. My PCs that're plugged in and don't move
don't have n-m. I just configure them with /e/n/i since n-m tends to
lie about the availaibility of a network and gets in the way.
My laptop which flicks between four wifi networks and a couple of wired
has n-m because, so far, it just works.

I've read lots about people having trouble with n-m on multiple
networks and switching to wicd, but I've had no trouble in that
instance, and so don't feel the need to switch. n-m, ime, only breaks
when nothing changes. Which is odd, now I come to think of it.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)