Text editor recommendations

Thu Oct 22 11:54:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:39:47 +0100
Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Florian Diesch
> <diesch at spamfence.net> wrote:
>
> > CapsLock makes a nice Compose here.
> >
> > Is there anyone using CapsLock as CapsLock?
>
> Rather irritatignly, yes. Oracle WareHouse Builder has a component
> called OMB Plus (very similar to SQL Plus). It has a small language
> baked into it, which is case sensitive. Each command has to be in
> uppercase - OMBDISCONNECT for example,is fine but any other variation
> results in a failure.
>
> If I'm spending any time in this insipid little piece of software,
> CapsLock gets hit to save my sanity.

I have similar with a phone switch I occasionally program. I was
initially told that everything was case sensitive, and all commands and
options *had* to be in caps, but I've since found that it's not all of
them, just an apparently arbitrarily chosen majority.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)