Saving Thunderbird files to TXT

Franz Waldmüller waldbauernbub at gmx.at
Wed Oct 21 13:22:09 UTC 2009

thomas schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I save files for Google Alerts and also some personal e/m received.
> Before in Windows I could do group file save as ... .txt files. I am
> not able to figure out how to do it in Thunderbird.

Hi Thomas,

not exactly what you want: there is an AddOn called smart save which
allows you to export thunderbird folders to your hard disk. it saves
each email in a separate eml file. maybe you can configure saving as txt
as well. But in this case I don't know how it will handle attachments.

There is a small bug: don't use any special characters in the folder's
name (ü,ö,ä...). The saving doesn't work otherwise. (i sent an email to
the develloper, as I didn't find any other way to report bugs)

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/2887

I wish you fun backing up your emails.

Franz