Resizing the root physical volume in an encrypted LVM

Ioannis Vranos cppdeveloper at ontelecoms.gr
Tue Oct 20 21:29:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have installed Ubuntu 9.04 x64 via alternate installation CD, as an
encrypted volume group with the root partition (/) and the swap taking
over the 50% of the volume group, the rest being free space.

I want to either resize the root partition to take over the rest of the
free space, or create a new unencrypted LVM with this free space.

I installed system-config-lvm, but it looks like impossible to resize /
as it is mounted, and can't be unmounted to do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

--
Ioannis Vranos