Compatibality Questions

Scott sclewin at sgaming.ca
Sun Oct 18 14:02:52 UTC 2009

Saeed Darvish wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
> I have a question concerning the compatibility between my HP all in one
> wireless printer and a usb wireless modem, will they still be compatible
> to my laptop if I install UBUNTU? Also, are programs like Skype, Yahoo
> Messenger and Microsoft Office still compatible?
There is a skype for Linux that works well.  There are several programs,
Pidgin is really good, that can chat using Yahoo! Messenger.  MS Office
is a Windows program and you can only run it on Linux using a Windows
layer called Crossover Office, but I would highly suggest to try out
Open Office.  Open Office cost nothing, natively works in Linux, works
with MS Office formats nicely, and haves some other nice benefits over
MS Office.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 9.10