Need libraries that don't seem to be available through ubuntu!

Pete Clapham pclapham at windstream.net
Sat Oct 17 21:47:44 UTC 2009

Pete Clapham wrote:
> Hi, all --
>
> I am trying to load a commercial application that evidently requires
> the following libraries:  *libippj.so.5.3* and *libsde91.so*.  These
> don't seem to be available on the Ubuntu apt-get site.  Does anybody
> have an idea of where I can get these libraries?
>
> Thanks.
>
> cheers,
> pete
Some of the responses to my original post are quite interesting.  I did
google both of these and discovered that they were commercial apps, but
asked (reasonably, I think) whether they could be obtained from open
sources.  In fact, the commercial application I am using supports SuSE
and RedHat.  I suspect that these distros include these libraries.
Frankly, I prefer Ubuntu.  I would rather use Ubuntu.  If I have to use
SuSE or RedHat, I will.  But I am running 5 other servers on Ubuntu, and
I'd rather run a single distro.  I don't blame the developer of the
software, as they are ready and willing to support their application on
SuSE and RedHat.  In fact, they are trying valiantly to support me on
Ubuntu as well.  I simply wanted to know if anybody had had experience
with these libraries and knew where I could easily get them.