Add Windows partition to existing Ubuntu Partition

Michael White enlightenedshadow at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 02:05:07 UTC 2009

No. OOo does not save as .docx & we're way off topic here. My point was
that someone using MS Word 2007 (don't know as I don't have it) could
probably not tell the difference if you sent them a standard MS Word
(saved via OOo or an older verion of MS Word)  with a modified file name
of xyz.docx vs the original xyz.doc. Either way, a college that
*requires* their staff and students to use MS Office w/.docx is
justification (IMO) to look elsewhere.

http://support.openoffice.org/index.html is that-a-way==> :-)

OK so what your saying is that I should simply find a new college to attend?

If so then I must say that it was hard enough to find a college who specializes in Video Game programing. I am very pleased with my college and switching is out of the question.

As for the problem of the MS office, I was able to install Windows and now have both MS office and Open office. I prefer Open office but do not mind writing papers in MS office.

Thanks for all the help and advice guys.