No wireless in Ubuntu :(

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:34:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Christopher Lemire
<christopher.lemire at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a strange issue. I can connect to wireless networks from Linux
> (Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit using rtl8187 chipset), but I can't see outside of
> the LAN. I can ping the gateway and each computer while in windows. I
> get the same dns, dhcp obtained info and can connect although the
> Linux driver works better when it was working because with the windows
> one, the internet often cuts out.

Connect to your AP

Post the output of of an ifconfig and your routing table ("netstat -r"
perhaps, I'm on AIX at the moment so I can't check the linux command,
it the equivalent of the Windows "route print" command).

You say you can ping the gateway whilst in Windows - can we assume
that you can do the same in Linux?

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0