HELP ME I'm stuck in Windows!!!

Michael White enlightenedshadow at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 07:39:03 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 10/13/09, Goh Lip <g.lip at gmx.com> wrote:

From: Goh Lip <g.lip at gmx.com>
Subject: Re: HELP ME I'm stuck in Windows!!!
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 7:19 AM

Nils Kassube wrote:
> Michael White wrote:
>> Then I took a burned copy of Windows XP SP3 and installed it onto the
>> unallocated partition. It told me that I would have to deactivate the
>> Ubuntu partition and I said yes.
>> Now I'm stuck in Windows HELL! What I want to do is to reactivate my
>> Ubuntu partition and make it so that when I boot up my PC it ask's me
>> which OS I want to use.
>
> Maybe this is what you are looking for:
> <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RecoveringUbuntuAfterInstallingWindows>
>

> Nils

Above link applies for grub-legacy. Hopefully, Mike, you have been
careful when repartitioning with gparted and not messsed up your ubuntu
when you resize it to half. If that happens, you may have to reinstall
Ubuntu again. If you had been careful, your UUID will have been changed
anyway and if you are successful in resurrecting  Ubuntu, make sure
you've got the correct UUID no at menu.lst BEFORE logging off. Check
with "sudo blkid".

Do not proceed with above if you have grub2 instead. Let us know.

Thanks guys, I was following the tutorial from the link and I have been quite successful. Now I'm just trying to configure menu.lst I have gotten windows xp to show up on the grub menu but I didn't configure the (hd0,0) part right. I'm not sure which part of the hdd windows is on.