Ubuntu 8.04.3 Fully Automated Installation MD5 mismatch on repository

daniel mcfarland daniel.mcfarland at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 19:16:56 UTC 2009

  Hello Ubuntu Users -  I am a linux administrator working on deploying
fully automated installs (FAI).  My pxeboot kernel seems to be 8.04.1, and
the repository I have created from
  apt-mirror is 8.04.3.

  During the automated install - I am getting the error:  net-retriever:
error: MD5 mismatch for main/debian-installer/binary-amd64/Packages.gz

  It then goes on to list the MD5 mismatches.

  Somewhere in the ubuntu forums I believe I read that you if your
repository doesn't match the kernel that you boot with, then this will
happen, but I can not locate that message.

  Can someone provide help for this?  Please let me know if you require
additional information.  I am using the kickstart config via http, with no
preseed file.

  Thank you,
  -daniel