Mini 9 will be here soon.

Mark Griffin markagrif at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 15:23:17 UTC 2009

I ordered a Dell mini 9. It should be arriving tomorrow, or soon after. It
has the Dell version of 8.04 on it. I'm liking what I have seen on the web
about the regular Netbook Remix. I have a usb thumb drive all loaded up with
9.04 Remix. I'm wondering though, if I will be giving up anything by
ditching the included version? It's supposed to be optimized for the Atom
processor, and all that. Will I be trading stuff like smoother flash
playback, for an OS I like better?

The 9 will be my primary computer.(Don't laugh) I'm poor, and want ultra
portability.

I'm not exactly new to Linux. I used to run Yellow Dog Linux on an old
iMac(The kind with a built-in CRT). I'm not exactly an expert either.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Mark Griffin