Ubuntu and Magic Jack

Steve Reilly sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Sun Oct 11 12:24:28 UTC 2009

Mostapha Zaza wrote:
> I don't think it supports Linux. You might want to install virtualbox
> and run it from there.
>
> To install virtualbox open the shell and write:
>
> sudo apt-get install virtualbox-ose

i know theres a bunch of people that have been waiting for linux
support, theyve been promising it for years... kinda like ventrilo
has... but thats another story...

last i knew the ose version didnt support usb, you will have to install
the deb from virtualbox website for usb support.  be forewarned though,
ive found the usb support to be flaky at best, ymmv.  the only thing i
use it for is syncing my iphone, and have to reboot the vm every time i
plug the phone in and unplug it otherwise usb does not work, same for a
skype router i use to use. of course it could just be xp....im sure it
has alot to do with it....

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com