[karmic] evolution mail attachment problem

Steven Farmer stevenleefarmer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:51:37 UTC 2009

I'm running karmic beta with updates, evolution 2.28.0-0ubuntu4.  When
composing a new email, attaching a modest-sized jpeg results in evolution
using 100% of the cpu with continually growing memory usage.  The system
quickly becomes unresponsive, and I have to use the power button to
regain control.

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/evolution/+bug/393534> is the closest bug
report that I could find, but it hadn't seen any activity since June
until I added a comment yesterday.

Smaller attachments don't seem to tickle the problem.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Steve