Is there any NFS ui tools

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Thu Oct 8 22:09:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 14:00 +0800, loody wrote:
[snip]
> I can see the ui you mention and I successfully activate it.
> But I cannot set the share option, since it doesn't pop out the
> authentication dialog.
> if this package is going to deprecate, what package will replace it?
> Thanks for your kind hwlp,

I found the location where I read this again. Here's some links for you:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-system-tools/+bug/208480

Basically, the decision was made to depreciate 'shares-admin' in ubuntu
in favor of using 'nautilus-shares' to manage all your shared folders.
This is somewhat unfortunate since that also removes the central
location where you can manage all your system's shared folders, but
appears to have been largely driven by the desire to allow anonymous
logins to shared folders, which 'shares-admin' apparently didn't do.

So, rather than using the 'shares-admin' tool to manage shared folders,
you are supposed to just deal with shared folders by right-clicking on
the folder and selecting "sharing".

In the bug report i included, there were some suggestions to try out
programs such as gadmintools or gsambad to manage shares, so I pass
those recommendations on to you, and encourage you to read the bug
report attached to get the full picture.

Hope that helps!

--
Andrew