8.04 to 8.10

Willis Taylor th1bill at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 7 15:35:58 UTC 2009

quote;

Willis Taylor wrote:
> I am running Hardy, 8.04, i386 my AMD dual core and went to upgrade
> it to 8.10.  abut ten minutes int the upgrade I lost power and being
> on battery I stopped the upgrade and shut it down.  Now I have 527
> upgrades available but cannot have them, I receive the following;
>
> Could not calculate the upgrade
>
> A unresolvable problem occurred while calculating the upgrade.

I suppose the repository information is wrong now. Open the file
/var/apt/sources.list with the command

gksu gedit /var/apt/sources.list

and replace every instance of "intrepid" with "hardy". Save the file
and
retry the upgrade.

Nils
/quote

In the root directory I find /var but there is no apt nor sources.list.