Karmic BETA: mangled notifications

Siggy Brentrup ubuntu at psycho.i21k.de
Tue Oct 6 09:45:47 UTC 2009

Hi list,

I installed Karmic BETA from the alternate CD with mostly immutable
parts of the root FS on a flash device.  Installation went flawlessly
except for an issue with grub2 but that's addressed by NoOp and others
in a different thread.

Like NoOp I don't like to see a list of available logins on the
login screen.

The only problem I see so far is that notifications are unreadable[1]
and I'm looking for advice on how to track this issue down.

Thanks
  Siggy

[1] http://winnegan.doesntexist.com/images/rhytmbox-notification.png
--
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org+
|10 days until|bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de|