New menu.lst on Grub version 2

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 03:57:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It was upgraded yesterday. The changes may have been small (I have no
> idea what they were) but the developers will keep on making them.

as of Oct 4 (yesterday for some):

Colin Watson is the maintainer of the grub package. Snipped from the
relevant karmic-changes changelog:

grub2 (1.97~beta3-1ubuntu7) karmic; urgency=low

 * debian/grub-common.init: /boot/grub/grubenv sometimes seems to end up
   zero-sized for some reason. If it is, just delete it (LP: #439784).

Seems helpful, but minor.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.