Multiple Desktops and Firefox

Keith Clark keithclark at k-wbookworm.com
Mon Oct 5 21:32:12 UTC 2009

> > I open Firefox on Workspace 1, then I do File>New Window, and then
> > move it to another Workspace.  I can then close any one of them
> > independantly not affecting the other one.  I just did it now.
> >
> > Maybe (highly likely) I misunderstood the original poster's
> > question.
> >
> > Keith
> >

> Ah. I see what you are saying. Instead of starting multiple instances of
> Fx, you are simply starting new Fx windows & then moving those FX
> windows to other desktops. And from the other workspace Fx window you
> can open other 'new windows' etc., on that workspace. Yep, that works &
> probably uses less cpu & memory than opening multiple instances of Fx
> w/'-noremote' (haven't tested).

Actually, I just opened an instance of Firefox on Workspace 1 with
Applications>Internet>Firefox Web Browser and then opened a second one
on Workspace 2 using the same method.  I can close either one
independently of the other.

However, I cannot File>Quit one independently.  Quitting causes all tabs
and windows to close.  Closing just affects the window that you are
closing.

Keith