Multiple Desktops and Firefox

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 20:50:58 UTC 2009

Keith Clark wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 14:25 -0600, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>> Mark C. Miller wrote:
>>> I usually have four desktops (workspaces) open at any one time.  Three of
>>> the four are doing something with Firefox (connecting to my school grade
>>> book, gmail, school mail, etc).  The thing is that when I close out
>>> Firefox in any one of the desktops, it closes Firefox in all the other
>>> ones.
>>>
>>> Is it supposed to do that?
>>>
>>> mcm
>>>

>> 		Yes.
>>
> No, it should not.  Mine does not do that.  As long as you open New
> Windows on each desktop all should be well.
>
> Keith

	It does not work on my Karmic system. I opened Firefox on
window Home and then opened Firefox on window storage. Then I
turned off the one in storage and checked home and that one
was turned off too.

	No-op says you need to do something special to your Firefox
control files to make them work independent of each other.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User