froller at tnclimited.com
Mon Oct 5 20:26:03 BST 2009
> On 10/05/2009 09:54 AM, Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:
>> I just tested karmic beta and it works without problems on my machine.
>> ¿Is it then
>> safe to proceed to update (from 9.04) l immeaddiately, or is it imperative
>> to wait?
> Were I you, I'd wait... unless it's a test machine/install. A lot of
> issues/bugs will get fixed/addressed/identified between now and the end
> of October when karmic goes final. So unless you're willing (and
> capable) to help with those issues/bugs, IMO it's better to simply wait.
I agree completely. If you are for testing the system and helping find
bugs then by all means, the more the merrier. If this is your personal
system and needs a bit of reliability the hold off until 29 Oct for the
official 9.10 release. If this is a critical production machine then I
recommend 8.04 LTS (Long Term Support) which is recommended. The next
LTS, 10.04 release is next Spring.
"Life is like linux, simple. If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."
More information about the ubuntu-users