Using Skype questions..

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Mon Oct 5 14:22:37 UTC 2009

On Monday 05 October 2009 5:50:01 am Larry Shields wrote:
> *I have just a couple of questions for those of you that have used Skype...
>
> Is it free to make calls International, even though it seems to say they
> are free, is this true...???

Skype to Skype is free worldwide, even with video!  Works great on my Dell
1525n laptop.

> Are they upfront on what here Ads say or not...
>
> Nice I have never used Skype, I would like to know before I get myself
> into a problem with more money going out the window...

The software costs nothing; it is in the Medibuntu repository.  The only cost
would be if you called a regular landline or a mobile and even that is
inexpensive.  I seldom use that but I video conference with my grandchildren
all the time!  I think it a GREAT bit of software!!  I get to see them
growing up although they are eight thousand miles away!!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403