UNETBOOTIN

Scott sclewin at sgaming.ca
Sun Oct 4 21:25:30 UTC 2009

John Heinen wrote:
> I downloaded unetbootin and then the iso file on puppy Linux  on a usb
> flah drive, when I restart my gateway laptop with the usb, I get grub >
> and waiting,,,,,,,,,,waiting. Appreciate suggestions/  John

Personally, I have found Unetbootin, and USB installs in general, to be
hit and miss.  Sometimes it works perfectly like a charm, and other
times I get the same problem as you.

 From what I have read it may be the combination of the USB drive you
are using and the computer you are using.  Some USB drives work with
only certain computers and some USB drives don't work at all for booting
from.  So, try again with a different USB drive and see if that works.
You can also try having Unetbootin download the ISO for you.  I think
sometimes that works better.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 9.10