Starting Thunterbird.

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sun Oct 4 21:15:27 UTC 2009

John Heinen wrote:
> I downloaded Thuntherbird and have thunterbird 2.0.0.21 mtar.gz  and
> thunterbird setup 2  0.0.0.21 tar.gz. How do I install and run this
> Thinderbird.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.  More helpfully, Thunderbird is
already part of the Ubuntu software, so you don't have to go downloading
and installing from the web as you would in windows.

Use the Add-remove software menu item to check on Thunderbird, or, from
a command-line, use the command "sudo apt-get install thunderbird"