Help with installation

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 4 18:47:30 UTC 2009

--- On Sun, 10/4/09, Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:

> From: Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org>
> Subject: Re: Help with installation
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 12:20 PM
>
> >     And Derek has a desire to show he
> is smarter than I. Instead
> > he makes an ass of himself. You are No.1 in
> offensive.
>
> Excuse me for butting in to this interesting bit of chat
> but may I ask
> that you use correct English, please. Arguments may be won
> and lost by
> the use of grammar. It should be ---smarter than me or
> ----smarter than
> I am.

Well, we've got Karl and Derek along with some others acting like babies fighting over a toy followed by a lesson in English.  As a list reader I see many posts showing poor sentence structure and Grammar many which are not from native English posters.  Not being critical of those but just to say that that particular sentence had nothing to do with Karl winning or losing the argument.  Karl gets into arguments because he uses the list as his own personal blogg and can be quite sharp in his comments to posts not to mention sometimes giving poor advise.  While Derek and others are way too quick to jump on his case using degrading comments and not appreciating the fact that if they would just correct any error(s) and not criticize Karl the thread wouldn't go on and on OT.  I would really like to see the list in general to stay on topic and stop all the Karl bashing and yeah, I know, people in hell want ice water, too.  FWIW, my $0.02,
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net