Password Denied/Email Address Not Recognized???

Jim Kvarnberg jimkvg at 3web.com
Sun Oct 4 14:24:33 UTC 2009

2009/10/3 Jim Kvarnberg <jimkvg at 3web.com>:

> > ? I received the following statement, "You reached this page probably
> > because you followed a link received by email. That link was sent to
> > confirm you have access to the email address it was sent to, but this
> > confirmation was already concluded, so you don't need to do anything
> > else." ? I am still denied password entry into Ubuntu 9.10 and into
> > Update Manager of Ubuntu 9.04. ?In the latter OS, I do not need to type
> > in password to open it. ?I open it every time. ?The two passwords that I
> > use to open the two oses aren't too hard for me to remember.
> > ? Anyway, I am solo user of my PC with dual boot system of the two
> > OSs. ?Me an administrator??? hahaha ?I feel I am blocked. ?Anyway, what
> > should I do to get my password access priviledge back? ? Thank you. ?Jim

I am having difficulty understanding exactly what problem you are
having.  Can you describe exactly what you do and what happens?

Colin

Thank you Colin.  Here is what I am trying to describe my problem with my passwords.  I have dual boot system in my PC with Ubuntu 9.10 AMD64 and Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64. The "entry" password that I used for Ubuntu 9.10 as to enter it, but "Authenication failure" kept on popping up. I just discovered this morning that when I tried the same password to open Update Manager in 9.04 os as for a try, I was surprised with a shock that it opened!  I don't know how the two passwords got mixed up with the two OSes.  I couldn't enter 9.10 at all.  Guess I'll have to change 9.10 to Windows XP Pro 64 that I received through eBay because I need to install Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus.  Any light bulb lit up regarding my password problem?  Thank you.