SOUND - low volume or rough n scratchy

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Sun Oct 4 11:29:45 UTC 2009

I have Jaunty, and I've gotten sound now, which you all have been so
kind so as to help figure out, however, while my sound is working, and
it WAS working well at first, it's not wanting to work well now.

I was sent a link by Irving, who said to "check
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenSound" but while I deeply
appreciate the link and the information that is so complete, it's got so
much apt-get(ting), removing, and other things, I'm almost leery that
I'll do something worse.  I'd prefer to use that as a last resort.
Maybe that IS my last resort...

What it's like is this:  it's not very loud, and when you put it up
louder, it sounds very rough and scratchy...   so you either have it at
low volume, or rough and scratchy...

I do notice that I have two sound icons in my top bar.  That happened
when I finally got sound.  I'm supposing that could add to the scratchy
sounds...

--

Joseph Snurr
Cotter, AR.

"Age mellows some people; others it makes rotten." - Heard in Arkansas
Our May 2009 trip to the Memphis Zoo:    http://e-pops.org/memphiszoo/