Error while running the Xvfb

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Sat Oct 3 08:10:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 17:26 +0530, kapilraj chakuri wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Can anybody tell me what is wrong with me for the below error when i
> am running Xvfb. And i have to install any aditional softwares for
> running the Xvfb.............?
>
> [config/dbus] couldn't take over org.x.config:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied (Connection ":1.77" is not
> allowed to own the service "org.x.config.display90" due to security
> policies in the configuration file)
> (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (2)
> (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (2)
> (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (2)

looks like Xvfb is running w/o priveledges.

I've never used Xvfb so I can't say for certian, but I read in it's
description that its supposed to be launched from a script, which
requires a program called xauth.

so... How are you launching the program? An exact method/command would
be good. Also, do you have xauth? If not, try installing that and trying
again.

hope that helps!

--
Andrew