Setting Up a Router:

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Fri Oct 2 23:56:17 UTC 2009

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> Colin Law wrote:
>
>> 2009/10/2 Wade Smart <wadesmart at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Do NOT setup mac filtering or encryption until you have your computers
>>> working.
>>>
>> But _do_ set up encryption after you have it working or your
>> neighbours and passers by will steal your bandwidth.
>>

> It's worse than that... someone could use your bandwidth for something
> illegal, then comes the police taking all of your computer equipment and
> holding it until they can be sure that you did not post kiddie-porn or
> threats to officials, or any number of things.
>
> ...Ken

OK, Ken,now this is in your ball park.  I hear that I should set up
encryption once I have the wireless computer set up.  However, I will
need directions for that...   unless it's in the manual...   I haven't
looked through the whole thing yet.  It's a PDF file and my reader
doesn't read straight down...   you have to go side to side, and back.
<sigh><

--

Joseph Snurr
Cotter, AR.

"Age mellows some people; others it makes rotten." - Heard in Arkansas
Our May 2009 trip to the Memphis Zoo:    http://e-pops.org/memphiszoo/