Karmic Beta repository not right

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 2 22:56:31 UTC 2009

On 10/02/2009 03:48 PM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

>>> 	No. I have no idea how to do that.
>>
>> System|Administration|Software Sources|Ubuntu Software|Download
>> from: click the dropdown & select 'Other'. Try ftp.utexas.edu,
>> ftp.usf.edu, or mirror.anl.gov. mirror.anl.gov is working just find (at
>> the moment).

> 	I used mirror.anl.gov and it is slow to know what to do, but
> then it does it fast. I got my system up to date.

Good. You can leave it there for a few days, unless of course it starts
to get bogged down. After releases I typically switch back to the ubuntu
'Main' server (not US) after a few days as that seems to get updated
faster than the mirrors. With the mirrors you might have to wait a day
or so for updates (not all, but some).