Help with installation

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 18:56:35 UTC 2009

Michael White wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, however I am not looking to back up anything. I just want a clean wipe of everything that is on the HDD. I can't afford another HDD right now so this one will have to do. I want to fully erase everything that has to do with Windows and all file data back to the original drive so that I can then load Ubuntu on it. I don't care what gets deleted (except whatever I need to allow me to start from scratch).

	Your hard drive may have more than one partition. But if it
had just windows then it took the entire first partition.
Since you do not want to save anything from windows, put your
LiveCD inthe cd device and when it comes up after some simple
questions it will ask if you want to install  linux on the
entire hard drive. Say yes and follow the instructions.

	Today it is hard to get any updates. So wait till Sunday to
try for them.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI