Tim Tebbit ttebbit at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 12:53:32 UTC 2009

Karl Larsen wrote:
> 	I loaded Karmic 32 bit on my computer and it went pretty
> good. I discovered there is no Partition Editor listed on the
> LiveCD. It is there because it was used in the installation.
>
> 	I was given a choice of either ext3 or ext4 file system. I
> chose ext4.
>
> 	The Karmic repositories are not set up yet. I tried to
> apt-get install thunderbird and it could not find it. It can't
> even find the Joe editor!
>
> 	Did aptitude upgrade and all this but no joy.
>

> 73 Karl

I'd learn to walk before you try to run. Read everything you can about how a
package management distro with rolling releases works. I don't want to come
off as a jerk, but honestly I think you've gotten in a bit over your head if
you 1) can't find 60+G's mirrored all over the world, 2) point /something/ at
that data mass, and 3) maintain that system. Rather than shotgun blasting this
list every 45 minutes after you've partially read into something. There is no
magic the developers use to keep up-to-date systems, they have to use the
mirrors same as everyone else from which they build and test.