Karmic Alpha 6/Beta

David Curtis dcurtis at uniserve.com
Fri Oct 2 02:12:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 16:20:05 -0700
NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Anyone know if Beta is simply an fully updated Alpa 6?

In other words, does 'sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade'
get me to KK beta intact?

I would think that we would of heard much more from the dev teams if we
needed to upgrade via update-manager _during_ development cycles, ie.
alphaX to alphaX or alpha6 to beta.

I would also assume that update-manager's enhanced capabilities are for
'stable' release upgrades only. Colour me surprised if I'm wrong.

I'm very interested in a dev answer to the question, could you ask it
on devel-discuss or on #ubuntu+1/#ubuntu-devel?

Dave