HELP.....Automatic login

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 30 16:43:04 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 11/23/09, ET <theconstellation at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: ET <theconstellation at yahoo.com>
Subject: HELP.....Automatic login
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 9:09 AM

I'm using 9.10, setup automatic login, and then installed Kubuntu.  I wish to be able to select which 'desktop' I want. I've tried 'system-administrator- login but am unable to "unlock" the selection key...What's the fix ???  Thanks in advance
theconstellation at yahoo.com

 If you auto login you have to first log out of your /x window which will bring you to the gdm or kdm login screen.  From there you can click one of the drop down menus the the lower left of the login bars and select whichever desktops you have installed.  The next time you auto login you will get the last desktop you shutdown from.

Leonard Chatagnier

lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net