Getting HPLIP 3.8.10 working on Ubuntu 9.04

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 00:18:05 UTC 2009

Sorry for the blank post! Not sure what happened there.

I've just won a very length battle to get the latest version of HPLIP
installed & running on Mint 7, which is based on Ubuntu 9.04. I don't
know for sure if it's as difficult on real Ubuntu but I suspect it
might be.

I've documented what I did here (it's a bit long to repost):

http://liam-on-linux.livejournal.com/18419.html

Just posting this in case anyone else is struggling  with HPLIP and
finds it useful...

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508