where is grip ripper?

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 15:26:16 UTC 2009

Hey folks,

A buddy of mine always goes on about cdparanoia and grip - which is
part of why I switched my desktop to Linux.

I found cdparanoia, but cannot find grip.   I don't think it is any of these :

root at alan-ubuntu:~# apt-cache search grip
emdebian-archive-keyring - GnuPG archive keys for the emdebian repository
emdebian-grip - support for the Grip flavour of Emdebian
emdebian-grip-server - server-side support for Emdebian Grip
libdebian-packages-compare-perl - emdebian repository comparison support
tk-tile - A themed widget set provider library for Tk

My buddy is a red hat guy so maybe we just don't have that?

I've got a bunch of WAVs that I just wrote a script for to convert to
mp3, and he mentioned that with grip it will go out to the internet
and get all the ID3 info and embed it into the mp3.  So alternately,
can anyone recommend a way to do that in ubuntu.  Preferably a way
that is scriptable because I have a bunch of WAVs and do not want to
have to load each one manually.

thanks,
-Alan