Block oriented search and replace across multiple files.

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 29 11:03:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 10:25 -0800, Ray Parrish wrote:
[snip]
> Also, I do not see any indication that Vim can do search, and replace
> across multiple files simultaneously, so I'm back to writing my program,
> which is coming along nicely.

Honestly, I use gedit for doing this sort of thing. of you just use the
'Find/Replace' tool, you can enter in text that will take up multiple
lines (or highlight the text you want replaced, then hit the
'Find/Replace' button...) I admit it's a little cumbersome for large
text blocks like you presented in your example, but I use it for small
test-replaces now and again in .csv files, and in python scripts. (Just
enter newlines as a \n, and tabs as \t)

Hope that helps!

--
Andrew