Firefox on 9.04 won't play videos at YouTube

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 02:57:03 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 8:29 PM, John Abbott <fewclues at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 20:01 -0500, Nathan Bahn wrote:
>
> Attention all--
>
> First, I want to thank Dan and everyone else who has offered advice.
> Regrettably, however, Firefox *still* won't play video from sites like
> YouTube <http://youtube.com> and Veoh <http://veoh.com> on this person's
> computer.  I respectfully await any other suggestions.
>
> Nathan,
>
>     Open Synaptic *Program Manager,* download *ubuntu-restricted-extras*
> and everything should be just fine.

NoOp--
I used Synaptic Package Manager -- this is 9-04 that's on the computer -- to
remove gnash and mozilla-plugin-gnash.
John--
ububntu-restricted-extras was already downloaded, so I reinstalled it and
rebooted the computer.
RESULT:  Unfortunately, black screens are still being displayed where the
streaming video should be.
:-(
I respectfully await further suggestions.
--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
http://www.openoffice.org