Mac look alike?

Franz Waldmüller waldbauernbub at gmx.at
Sat Nov 28 22:51:40 UTC 2009

Patton Echols schrieb:
> My daughter is interested in replacing her laptop and has said she is
> interested in a Mac.  Seems to be mostly because of the eye candy and
> the scroll type launcher.

Hi,
If you are looking for the scroll type launchter check out gnome-do
sudo apt-get install gnome-do
in the settings you can choose the style docky, than it behaves as the
scrolltype launcher.
you can drag and drop favorite applications from the application menu to
the dock.
maybe you will want to remove the lower gnome-panel.

tell your daughter about free software and why it is important for
society and education. i hope she will like your ubuntu machine
Franz