help with partition

Gary Kirkpatrick pegngary at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 21:33:01 UTC 2009

I have two versions of ubuntu installed, 8.10 and 9.10.  I want to reduce
the amount of space allocated to the partition on which 8.04 is installed
and allocated to the 9.04 partition, which is getting tight on space.  I
have studied various tutorials and I have been able to reduce the size of
the 8.10 (sda2) but can not access it from 9.10 (sda4).  Do I need to do
this from a live version of gparted and is it just that I need to mount it?

My apologies if this isnot the right forum.

thanks

gary