Mac look alike?

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Sat Nov 28 13:53:45 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 08:25:03AM -0500, Arthur Johnson wrote:

> VirtualBox (non-OSE with USB support) syncs iphone/ipod touch just
> fine.  Thats how I do it.

Sorry, but does that mean installing a copy of windows? That may be a viable
option for some, but I don't own any MS products, haven't since windows3.1 and
kind of like it that way. I do have an ipod, and my significant other has an
iphone, is the only reason I ever installed wine in the first place. A rather
frustrating experience that wound up with her purchasing a Macbook, which is
quite a nice system, superior to Windows in my estimation in various respects
(but not really my cup of tea). Its a little hard to put a price tag on things
like quality of components, buggishness, security, polish, integration, lack
of features (in the case of windows), innovation (where would MS be without
Apple to plow new ground for them?). On the rare occasions I have to access
iTunes (like when someone gives me a gift certificate), I use her Macbook.

--
Hal