Do Ubuntu and Mac OS X place nice with each other?

Mark Traceur marktraceur at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 05:58:55 UTC 2009

Gr, Gmail didn't quote the right message. Anyway,

AFAIK, the normal EFI bootloader won't recognize the Ubuntu partition,
nor will the GRUB overwrite it. Last time I ran Linux on a Mac,
anyway, Apple had their bootloader set pretty far in.

I used a rEFIt disk to boot, it was a messy solution, but it worked.

That being said, I used Boot Camp to repartition, so maybe if you use
the Ubuntu partitioner it will work better? I dunno. All I know is
Boot Camp was awesome at repartitioning, so don't knock it without
giving it a shot.

--
MarkTraceur

Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they
get all the money. Where's the justice there?