how to install wink in karmic koala 32 bit version

user1 bqz69 at telia.com
Fri Nov 27 17:38:22 UTC 2009

My wink installs and works fine in 9.04.
However I cannot get it installed in 9.10, it complains of some
dependency problems, it wants libstdc++5 >= 1:3.3.4-1, but I cannot get
this installed (it's not there).

I get a fairly amount of problems when installing newer ubuntus.

I had hoped to use 8.04 until a new LTS version (Long Time Support)
arrived, but that does not work very well for me, as the developement of
linux goes so fast (sound problems e.g.)

I think real newbies will get problems coping with ubuntu.

Other important problems for me never get an answer on this list, or
anywhere else - I still love ubuntu - but point to a (I think) major
ubuntu problem :-)