web cam & update

Osman Kemal Kadiroğlu okkadiroglu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 08:31:42 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my AMD64 computer from Kubuntu 9.10 to Debian
5.0.3. I have a A4 Tech Pk-5 web cam that I use for Skype. I had no problem
while using Kubuntu. I had problems with it after I changed to Debian.
Finally with the help of a young colleague we managed to solve the problem
and web cam operated with Cheese and Skype. Soon an update notice about
gspca-modules-2.6.26-2-vserver-amd64 appeared and when I upgraded the system
the web cam stopped working. The version that is installed in my computer is
01.11.20-1+2.6.26-20 and the new version is 2.6.26+01.00.20-6+lenny1. I was
expecting that a new version of modules covers old version so that web cams
operating with old version will also operate with the new version. Is this a
bug that needs to be reported or am I missing something. Thanks for the
help.

Best regards

--
Osman Kemal Kadiroglu