Possible to save a complete thread?

user1 bqz69 at telia.com
Mon Nov 23 19:27:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:11:59 +0800, HermanAA wrote:

> I do save some of the good info on this list. It takes too much time. Is
> it possible to save an entire thread in one go? I use Evolution (default
> setup) in Ubuntu 8.10.
>
> Saving an entire thread in one go (all the text, delete the chaff
> manually) would be a big time-saver.
>
> For my reading I filter on subject, then 'read' each message in the
> thread.
> To save a thread I now (for each message) 'select all text' and 'copy'
> and save using gedit.
>
> Herman in Philippines.

Install pan (with synaptic) - that is the best newsreader I have found

Pan - Edit - Edit News Servers - insert news.gmane.org

Choose gmane.linux.ubuntu.user (that's ubuntu-users)

Right click and choose surbsribe.

Then each time you open pan right click subscribed groups and choose:

"Get New Headers in Subscribed Groups"

But pan can do a lot more for you (I have used it for a long time).