can we dynamitically change the resolution of tsclient or krdc

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 23 00:52:04 UTC 2009

On 11/22/2009 04:07 PM, loody wrote:
> Hi:
> thanks for your help ^^
>
> Is there any terminal server tool like tsclient I can use and it has
> the ability to control resolution and full screen?
> appreciate your help,
> miloody

You can try RDP (Remote Desktop Viewer 2.28.1_). It allows you do go
fullscreen and when you move the cursor to the top of the page you are
_supposed_ to be able to use 'scaling' but that doesn't seem to do
anything on mine. You can however click the leftmost icon & that will
take you out of full screen mode so that you use the other windows on
your desktop.

Note: these use VNC which is badly broken with compiz - see:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/353126?comments=all>
if you need good nighttime reading material :-) You can overcome the
problem by using:

$ gconf-editor

Go to: /desktop/gnome/remote_access and click (enable)
'disable_xdamage'. Doesn't help much if the remote is a
friend/relative/customer etc., that will have trouble figuring out how
to do that & it will slow down data transfer between the two machines,
but it does work.

You might also want to look into NoMachine's NX and FreeNX as well.