(no subject)

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sat Nov 21 15:17:59 UTC 2009

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 15:06:43 -0800
Harry Paterson <hpaterson at ts.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>                        Back again after a few weeks with my Firefox
> problem with no connection in Ubuntu 9.10.
> My hard drive crashed and I have been busy sorting that out. I have
> two computers one new and Ubuntu
> only while the other was a dual boot system which I have reverted to
> Windows only as 9.10 would not
> boot Firefox even from the demo disk on both machines. I downloaded
> another .iso file in case the file was
> faulty but still no joy. I took the demo disk down to my son-in-law's
> computer but Firefox will not connect
> to the internet from his machine also ??? I have reverted to Ubuntu
> 9.04 on my dedicated Ubuntu machine
> and Firefox runs fine on that.  Any clues to this problem ?
>
> Harry Paterson

First - please use the subject.
Second - once you have booted into your "demo disk", open a terminal
and ping something. For example, www.yahoo.com.

If you can't ping the actual url above, use the IP below.
69.147.76.15

If you don't get a reply from either - It's possible that there
may be some sort of configuration anomoly with your home network.

I would not be so quick to blame the CD when in fact it most likely
works for nearly everyone (I did say nearly, didn't I?!)

Paste the results then I'm sure someone else might lend some help.

--
Best regards,

Chris

	"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"