newsgroup iso email for this list

Aart Koelewijn aart at mtack.xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 19 20:13:41 UTC 2009

Hello,

As asked:
>On Thu, November 19, 2009 11:19, Aart Koelewijn wrote:

>> I don't understand why people use email for this list when there is a
>> perfect newsgroup, gmane.linux.ubuntu.user, for it. Using that it will
>> not clutter your mailbox, and using a newsreader like Pan you get good
>> treading. I started reading this list by email but soon switched to the
>> newsgroup, I find that much more comfortable.

> Interesting.
>
> Could you start a new thread and give detailed information about your
> configuration?
> Do you use usenet only for reading, or also for writing messages?

Configuration is very simple: with your newsreader you subscribe to
gmane.linux.ubuntu.user and you can read the group in your favorite
newsreader. You can also post to the group as long as you use a valid
email-address in the From: header. Gmane will send all your messages to
the email-list and will post all email-list messages in the newsgroup.
Depending on your newsreader all messages are threaded and/or ordered by
date in one place.

Aart