little survey on email habits

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Thu Nov 19 04:10:08 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 18 November 2009 4:34:01 pm Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:21:44PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > TBH, I'd always assumed that pretty much everyone did, since the only
> > > mail client I know of that really refuses to do it is Outlook.
> >
> > Most people use web-based mail today, and the only web-based client
> > that threads even remotely properly is Gmail.

I really do not understand that as web based e-mailers are a colossal waste of
both time and resource.  I do however like threading

> Don't go discounting us Alpine and/or Mutt users.

I have used K-mail since moving to Linux from Amiga, it was the only one which
had most of the functionality of YAM, PLUS my filters all worked with very
little chances!  Nothing else even let me dump all HTML messages to trash.
Too bad it is getting more difficult to use without the bloat of Kontact but
so far it is possible,  The only other bad thing was kwallet but luckily I
found out how to kill that, ...almost left KDE entirely over that bit of
garbage.  checked out xfce as Gnome flat just doesn't make it either.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403